Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Long-Time Friends: Remember When

 My daughter was in town a couple of weeks ago. We always spend some time looking at old photos and reminiscing.

This time we had a cohort in the memory searching, my friend Connie. We met back before we had kids. Now both our kids are married and living in other states.

I found some of the photos of my daughter and her son over time. It was fun remembering when.






Halloween at the park. I'm not sure about ages. 


Jessica's fifth birthday party. 

Sometime after that we lost contact. Connie moved away for awhile and the years slipped away.
Then about three years ago she found me again through FaceBook. 

One thing we wanted to make sure and do was all get together for coffee. Here's Jessica and Connie at the local Starbucks. Connie made the beautiful crocheted blanket for her. 


New friends are wonderful, long-time friends are the best.

Do you have a long-time friend who is special to you? Or is there somebody you've lost touch with? Take the time to find them again and make new memories. You'll be glad you did.