Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Fiddler On The Roof

One of our favorite movies is "Fiddler On The Roof." It seems, although there are sad parts, it is always heartwarming and uplifting. 

Hubby saw the Broadway play in his younger years and I saw it done by a local theater a few years ago. We never grow tired of the story or the music. 

When I learned that a man I went to high school with would be playing Lazar Wolf at another small local theater I immediately asked Hubby if he'd like to go. I was somewhat concerned he might be disappointed in this type of venue, but I shouldn't have been.
We got our tickets for the Don Bluth Front Row Theatre and looked forward to a night out. 

The theater is owned by Don Bluth who used to have performances in his living room. He now owns the theater in north Scottsdale. There are no more than three rows of seats on three sides of the stage so each guest feels a part of the action. We were greeted by the owner/director which will give you an idea of what kind of atmosphere the theater has. 

To say we had a wonderful time just doesn't give the evening justice. Hubby leaned over once and said he had goosebumps. I just smiled. I did too. We both laughed, shed a few tears, and just sat back and enjoyed a group of actors who obviously love what they are doing. 

After the show, we got to talk to Doug who played Lazar Wolf and learned his wife, Lisa, played Yente. 

It was dark outside but Hubby snapped a couple of photos for me. 






We also met their daughter who will be in the April performance of "The Little Mermaid" in which their son will play Eric. I just love that the whole family is involved. 

Our daughter and family are coming in from out-of-state in a couple of weeks and they have already purchased their tickets. I think we went on a bit about how much we enjoyed the show. 

Go check out the web site. There is a video of the scene where Tavye's daughters sing about the Matchmaker. 

My favorite song in the movie has always been "Miracle of Miracles." What's yours?