Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

You look like . . .




I've always been surprised when people say a baby has his father's eyes or her mothers nose. I just don't see resemblances like that. 

When I posted a photo of my younger self on Facebook most people who know me well commented how much my daughter looks like me. When I look at her I don't see myself at all. It wasn't until a few years ago that I started seeing glimpses of my mother in the mirror. 

I thought it might be fun to take a closer look. Here's my daughter in one of my favorite photos. Don't even ask how old she was. I can't remember. 




And here I am in my Easter outfit. 


We both have very fine, thin hair. We were both small. We both love history, books, and paranormal research. Oops, that doesn't count, does it?

Just for fun, here's my mother and sister.


I guess I do see some resemblance between Jessica and I and even Mom, Betty, and I but it doesn't jump out like it seems to for other people.. 

I do see people who look like famous people all the time. Nobody ever agrees with my assessment. 

Have a great week and watch out for those lookalikes.