Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Monday, May 2, 2016

A Collection of Owls

I've been busy working on a client projects, and researching and writing articles.
It takes a lot out of me, but I hate to miss doing my blog.

So this time I thought I'd quickly share a few of my owls. 

Most have been gifts. 

The first one I found at a retro store in downtown Phoenix. Can't remember the name. I tried putting a rosemary plant in it for my desk but it died. Not sure what else to do with it. I don't want to drink from it because I'm too afraid it will break. 


This one was a gift. He's furry feeling. I think he was an ornament. 


Found this one at a discount store in Washington State. 
My grandson picked it out. 


My friend's daughter gave me the pink one, just because. 
When they had to move to a smaller place her mom gave me the others. 
I may share them with my grandsons. Or not.


And of course one of the quirky birds. The birdcage was a stamp I put on 
the page long before I decided what bird to draw. Usually I paint over the stamps if they 
get in the say. this one seemed to need to stay there. 


I also have a hedgehog collection and there are various other things around like 
fairies that my sister was always sending me. Oh and a Winnie-The-Pooh collection.

Guess I should get the camera out again.

It's funny how these things have grown over the years. 
I don't actively collect anything any more, don't have the energy to dust them all.
I do treasure all the things I already have.

What collections do you have?