Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Friday, March 11, 2016

Street Fair


Along the curve of Seventh Avenue in downtown Phoenix is an area called the Melrose District. I've long heard about this area, even driven through; but never stopped. This is possibly the most eclectic part of the city and with a street fair added it was a great place to spend the day.


I even enjoyed the cars as this is one of my favorite classic cars. I've long wanted one, 
but not in red or orange. Turquoise or blue would be great. 

A friend has told me many times about Copper Star Coffee.



I did go in to meet her, but I didn't get coffee; this time. 


 This car reminded me of my grandfather's. I'm not sure of years, or even makes, 
but it looks the same. He would tie his cane poles along the passenger side and off we'd go to the creek for some all day fishing. 


This is another dream car. I loved the early Mustangs and would love to have one. 


I did spend a little time roaming through Rust & Roses. Lots of treasures and fun stuff. There was a bicycle like one of mine, but I couldn't get a picture of it. 


I did manage to snap this travel trailer. I'd love to have one of these to park on the 
back of my kid's lot when I visit. 



I can't remember the name of the shop where I bought this owl mug. 
There were two, but hubby and I agreed this was the cutest.  


It was a great day of carnival style food, people watching, and browsing through 
vendor tents and shops. If you are in the Phoenix area put it on your list for next year. 


Finally, there was this great reminder in Rust & Roses. 


Have a happy day!