Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Monday, February 29, 2016

Working Art Journal

I was out of the habit of art journaling for awhile although I kept up with the various 
FaceBook sites and blogs. 

When I saw the tutorial on how to make this canvas journal I had to try my own.  The series of videos are by Effy Wild. I so appreciate all the art journalers out there who share their time either with paid or free tutorials.


Closed with the flap and beads attached to the spine.


With just the flap open. As it gets full it will expand and the flap will become smaller.


Open to the first page and inside of front cover. I use a lot of paint, stamps, collage, pens, ink, stickers, and anything else I find in my stash.


I use pages to make a statement for myself and others. 
Mostly they are confirmations for my inner, growing self.




Sometimes I just see something that catches my eye like this bathtub cocktail. 
Then I find a quote or words to ponder.

Sometimes I'm just feeling sad and the process of making a page is great therapy.

Art journals have no rules. They can be as simple as a drawing of a flower and a found quote copied out. Other times they have layers and layers of stuff. 

The joy is in the process.