Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Monday, February 8, 2016

Ten Years?


I was digging in the back of some file drawers and found these early issues of the "Tombstone Times." I was surprised to find the first article I ever wrote for this journal. More amazing was that it came out ten years ago THIS MONTH.

So ten years, times 12 articles a year, equals 120 articles. How can that possibly be?


This particular article was about the first permanent building in Tombstone: Once the mercantile and banking establishment of John B. "Pie" Allen and Philip William "Bill" Smith.

This adobe building was later a medical center where many local people were born and died.

Today it is the Tombstone Visitor Information Center. 

I will be submitting an updated version of this article for the March issue. 

My! How time flies.