Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Friday, February 26, 2016

Art Abandonment and Kindness

There is a wonderful movement on Facebook called Art Abandonment. (I'm sure there are others, but this is the one I'm involved in.)

The idea is to make art, leave it someplace public, and leave. Most take a photo of the item in place. There is also a special tag to attach so the lucky finder can let the artist know they found it. 

It is so much fun. 

I did a lot of pieces a couple of years ago and then moved on for awhile. Then somebody posted these wonderful gnomes with the link on how they learned to make them. 

I had to give the gnomes a try. 

The link for the gnomes is:  wee folk art

Actually, there are many videos and tutorials, but this is the one I used to make these wonderful little gnomes.


I will be abandoning these in the next couple of days. 



I abandoned this one at a local open air mall.

If you are interested in art abandonment you can find them on FaceBook or learn more here.

Of course, this all goes along with kindness and the belief in Random Acts of Kindness.

Try it. 
Have a happy day or evening.