Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Monday, February 22, 2016

Anniversary and Marshall

Saturday I went to the Phoenix Writers Club and the guest speaker was state historian, singer, and story teller Marshall Trimble. I've known Marshall for many years through the various Western History events I've attended. 

As always he was great. 




I got him to sign his latest book, in which my book about Ike Clanton is referenced.
Thank you, Marshall. 

Staying on the subject of western history  . . . 
I went to the mailbox Friday and this strange box was in there. It took up the whole rural mail box. 


I couldn't figure out what the heck it was . . . no address that I identified. It did cross my mind that it could be a bomb, but putting that thought aside I finally opened it and found a great mug from the owners of the Tombstone Times recognizing my ten years of writing for that wonderful journal.


Isn't that wonderful? No I will not put tea in it. I'd be heartbroken if something happened to it.

Well, today another package arrived in the mail. 
It contained a bag with the same sentiment.






I write about the buildings and people of the "Town To Tough To Die." I've written one article a month for a ten years; 120 articles. It has been an honor and a privilege to write for such wonderful people.

Thank you Janice and Keith.