Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Blankies

For Christmas I made a blanket for my dog, Maggie. It is from a very soft, fuzzy fabric I found at JoAnn's. It has "goodies" and paw prints all over it. She seems to like it, but she's one of those dogs that always aims to please so sometimes I wonder.


One thing Maggie doesn't like is cameras. It is really hard to get her photo because as soon as she sees a camera she gets all worried.


I kind of snuck up on her for this one. It just doesn't show her beautiful eyes.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided Maggie needed a pillow so I went back and got some more fabric and made her a little pillow. At first she thought it was a toy and ran around the house with it. I told her no, firmly, and she has been fine since.

Well, with the extra fabric I just had to make a small blanket for my friend's dog, Kenneth. Kenneth and I have been buddies since the first time I met him. He has a bow tie so sometimes I call him Sir K. When I visit he sits by me, or in my lap, and grins. He is so cute.


So my friend sent me some photos of him with his new blanket. She said he carries it around the house and she uses it to show him his spot on the couch.


Isn't he a cutie? 

So we've had some fun times with our dogs and their blankies.