Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Monday, July 6, 2015

Coloring Books

I love to color. I love the smell of a new box of crayons. Coloring opens up my imagination, wakes up my muse, and is a great stress buster.

Now it appears the rest of the world has figured out the magic of coloring.


While most fads and crazes are geared to younger people this one is geared to adults.

This is an adult coloring book I found in the magazine section of B&N. I also found special displays throughout the store. The selection seems to be endless with more being published every day.

I bought those Crayola colored pencils and they are okay, but for many of these pages sharper pencils are needed.


 So I have gone back to Prismacolor colored pencils and I usually keep them very sharp.





I did this mandala with the Prismacolor pencils.

I even saw one of those television ads for adult coloring books for de-stressing. But wait! You can get two and even order a set of colored pencils, watercolors, and other coloring options.
 (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Here's the page I'm doing now. 


Please, get an adult coloring book and something to color with and spend 
some time getting rid of the stress and having fun.