Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Anniversary

My mother passed away in 1990 when our daughter was just nine-years-old. One of the things I brought home from her house was a night blooming cereus. Not that it especially meant anything, but I couldn't leave it there to die. It was in a pot on her patio and has been in a pot at our house since.

The amazing thing is every year it blooms at significant times. In the early years, it was usually Mother's Day. The last few years it has been blooming more than once: Mom's birthday, the anniversary of her death, and other family dates in the spring.


Early this morning/last night it sent out two beautiful blooms. 
Today is our daughter's twelfth wedding anniversary. 

Happy Anniversary, Jessica and Matt.

Wishing you both love and caring from Nana,
Your Dad and I.