Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Playing With Dolls


It's so fun to see these photos of my mother and her sister playing with their dolls. 
Do little girls even play like this anymore? 


They seemed to always have their babies. And since my mother was the eldest of six she was able to take care of real babies.


 None of these dolls, as far as I know, survived. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have one of those dolls?
I do have some of my dolls and one of my daughter's.

Little girls pretended to be like the adults around them. Can you imagine what the conversation over that little tea table were like? Perhaps my mother was saying her child in the buggy had kept her up all night. My aunt might have commiserated and then talked about the three children by her side. (Or the other way around.) I'm not sure which is which.

Spend time with your family photos. Use your imagination to get to know those people in other times.