Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Monday, January 19, 2015

Reading Challenges and BOOKS

I love challenges and when this reading challenge came across Facebook I had to take it on. You can find it here.

This challenge contains a list of types of books such as:

*A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet.

*A book your mom loves.

*A book with magic.

*A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't.

Some of these I won't be able to do because I don't know a book my mother loved and I read all the books I was supposed to in school. At least as far as I remember.

I have already read these:

*A book with more than 500 pages. The Glass of Time by Michael Cox.
*A book you can finish in a day. Inspiration Sandwich by SARK.
*A book by an author you've never read before. Once We Were Brothers by Ronald H. Balson

I am also in a monthly book discussion group and have challenged myself to read 67 books this year on Goodreads. Luckily many books will fit all three.

I joined the book discussion group a few years ago to challenge myself to read a broader range of books. It's worked. I've read a very wide variety of books. Some I loved and some, well, not so much.

Books are not dead and I honestly believe never will be. Reading is good for you. How can you challenge yourself to find the time to read more? What books are on your list to read?

If you have a great book you'd like to share please list it in the comments. I'd love to hear about them.