Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pathways

 I love journaling and art. 
Art journaling is the best of both worlds. 
This year I am starting off with four art journaling projects. 

These are the books I am using. 

The top one is made from the front and back of two old hardbound books. The binding is fabric and hand stitched. This is the first time I tried this stitch and I'm rather happy with it. The pages are folded sketch paper.

The second one is a Strathmore Mixed Media spiral bound journal available at most craft and art stores.

The third one is another hardbound book but I left the covers alone and just went through and pulled out a number of pages to allow for paint and collage. 

The bottom one is a "PaperBlank" I found at Goodwill. The person who donated it had only written on a few pages, notes from some seminar, so I just covered those up with other paper and away I went. 


This page is from the hand bound book on top. This is for the Daisy Yellow Prompt60 challenge. 
It is a collage of papers, stickers and washi tape from my stash. I still have to do the journaling around the edges. You can learn more about this project here.  


This is a doodle mandala from the same project. It was a lot of fun. 

The Strathmore book is just for me and I have no plans for it. I think it is necessary to
have a play book and this is it. There isn't anything in it yet.

The bottom book is for the 30 Day Prompt challenge by Lisa Sonora. I didn't take a photo of it because it is just writing although I add a little doodling and maybe some color to the edges. 

The last book is the white one. It is done on regular book pages which I cover with paint, collage or whatever. It is for Journal 52 which is done once a week for 52 weeks. I did it off and on last year but hope to do better this year. 

This prompt was "Pathways" and I copied what I wrote unedited below. The photos came from an old gardening magazine I found at Goodwill.

Pathways

I love the look of pathways that lead to unknown places -- even if it's just around the corner.

We follow many pathways during our lives -- we can usually only guess what is around the corner.

We can follow with confidence and wise, informed decisions.
           
When there is a division or "Y" in the path we have to do our best -- find the way that will lead to peace and harmony and help others along the way.

Along the way it is also important to stop and smell the roses and to be appreciative of the beauty and joy around us. To greet even the rough places with gratitude.  (1-3-15)




Write about your pathways and how some of your decisions have affected your life.