Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Monday, December 8, 2014

Wheels


My cousin recently sent me this photograph of my old tricycle. She found it out in a junk pile at the family farm. Even though the front tire is broken she brought it to her home to decorate with.


She is a few years younger than me and apparently it was given to her when I outgrew it. Now, its so hard to believe that her grand daughter is sitting on that tricycle. 


Here I am sitting on a tricycle which I thought was the same one. However, now that I look closer this is a smaller one. This photo was processed in 1958 so I was about four years old. This one doesn't have the bar across the back.

I do remember the bigger one and later on when I got my first bicycle.

Do you remember your early wheels? 

Do you have photos and special memories to go with them?