Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Monday, December 1, 2014

Owls


In case some of you haven't noticed: I LOVE OWLS. I love to watch them, I love when they visit our eucalyptus tree in the night and talk to the moon, I love things that are made as owls.

My husband got me this journal a couple of years ago. I love it. I've written two special quotes in it. It's one of those things that I'm afraid I'll use up or mess up or something.

I'm that way with kitchen towels. We've been using these ratty, stained towels for years. I've bought new ones but we use the old ones because we might want nice ones if somebody ever comes to visit.

Good dishes. Good bath towels. Good linens. Good candles. Good etc., etc., etc.

I've been working on shifting my attitude. Using one of those good kitchen towels felt nice. I'm special. I deserve nice things. I'm going to use them. We just don't entertain anymore. The only visitors we have are family and they don't care.

How about you? Do you have nice things you are saving for company or the future when you get the house remodeled?

Treat yourself. Use those things. Take the time to notice the new kitchen towels and how nice they feel. Use those fancy journals.

I'm going to.