Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Friday, August 8, 2014

Travel Log: Overland Motel

The first day of my trip I was on the road at 7:30 a.m. By about 3:00 I had been driving in pouring rain for a couple of hours and was exhausted. 
I pulled over in Pioche, Nevada to made the decision if I should go on to Ely another 110 miles or stay in Pioche. 
I pulled over across the street from the Overland Motel which we had recently seen on an episode of "Ghost Adventures." When Doug and I realized it was close enough for us to visit on day we decided to do just that one day. But here I was, tired, in front of the hotel itself and not sure if I should go on. So I called Doug and he said stay.
So I did.


 There are a number of sites on the mining history of Pioche and the haunted history of the motel.


I soaked up the history. From the saloon on the ground floor to the first floor rooms. 


I put Flat Stanley in the window and took a photo from the parking lot. I'm kind of glad nobody was around. Lol


Yes I did a little evp (electronic voice phenomena) work in the room. And took some photos. See the orb in between the two doors?
What's your opinion? I haven't had time to listen to the audio recordings.

I heard some strange creaking sounds, voices and had a strange feeling of energy going through my body around 3:30 a.m. I told "it" to leave me alone and it stopped instantly. I can't wait to go back with my hubby and do it right.

The next morning I roamed around the town and took some great photos. Then I went back to the highway and headed north. I pulled over at one point and took this photo of the clouds over the distant mountains . . .

We found that circle/orb? rather strange. Any ideas?

Tune in tomorrow as the journey continues.