Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Monday, April 28, 2014

X is for Xylophone


Did you have one of these as a child? Did your children have one?

What memories do you have about xylophones? Did you play one in school?

Sometimes it is amazing what can spark a memory. A catalog came last week with some vintage toys listed. The xylophone struck a cord. So did the paper dolls, pull along telephone, the yo-yo, and dominoes.

These memories took off to playing Parcheesi with my sister and Chinese Checkers with my cousins.

Sometimes I cut out the images from catalogs or nostalgic magazines and put them in an art or visual journal and write the memories along with them. Here's a page I did with plastic cowboys:


Save your memories in what ever way you can!

By-the-way the link to the catalog is here.


1 comment:

  1. The xylophone was one of my kids' favorite toys.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.