Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Remember When: Special Moments

Our 37th wedding anniversary is in a couple of weeks.


How young we look!!!

We've had lots of downs and lots of ups. They seem to be getting better as we get older.
Here we are about ten years ago at a western history event in Tombstone, Arizona.


And a couple of years ago at a talk I gave in Sun City, Arizona.


The other day I was sitting at the kitchen table putting meds in our dog's ears. Doug was puttering around at the counter. We were having a nice conversation and it suddenly occurred to me how very comfortable and comforting that moment was. I told myself to always remember it. 

We don't always need a special occasion to have a special memory. It just takes more effort to keep those special moments in mind.

Memoir Prompts:

Write about a special moment.

Write about a high school homecoming.

Write about going to football games in high school. Or perhaps playing in them.

Make a list of ten things that really annoy you. Why?

What crafts do you enjoy now?

Describe a place you enjoyed going as a child in as much detail as possible.

When you doodle what tends to be the most common subject?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rita,

    Lovely photos of Both of you! Hope you have a wonderful Anniversary and may you keep celebrating many more!
    I just uploaded a doll to my blog if you would like to visit and please leave a comment if you can.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.