Bumble Bee was originally a military post set up around 1860. Although there has been gold found in the area Bumble Bee was primarily a stage stop; known then as Snyder's Station for W. W. Snyder, a local rancher.
The name was officilly changed to Bunble Bee when the post office was established on February 3, 1879. The old school still stands along with some other original buildings and a tourest set of an old western town. The location is privately owned.