Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Remember When: Handcrafts

For as long as I can remember somebody in our family has been doing handcrafts. Grandma could knit, tat, crochet, and quilt.

My great niece, Liz, has taken over where she left off and has also taken up  loom knitting. Here's her loom with a bamboo/silk yarn.
She made me this bag to put my journal in.

It feels so wonderful.
 
While I was in Colorado she taught me to loom knit.

I had found the loom at Goodwill before I left so I'm working on a larger scale.
I ended up with a very long, heavy scarf that I may never use here in Arizona but I sure enjoyed doing it.

It took about a day and a half.
 
I don't know what's next but I found some really soft yarn that reminds me of denim.
Now I just have to remember how to do it.
 
The best part is we made new memories around handcrafts. What memories have you made?

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen that kind of a loom for knitting before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this today while blog hopping and thought you might find it interesting http://lemurkat.blogspot.com/2012/12/publishing-on-createspace.html of course you may already know about this.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.