Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Monday, August 6, 2012

Day One 2012

I hit the road at 9:00 this morning and pretty much drove through. Stopped and got gas in Flagstaff. Traffic was light most of the way.
This is going over Glen Canyon Dam at Page, Arizona.

It has rained on and off since. Such beautiful country but I didn't stop to take any pictures.
Now Flat Stanley and I settled in at our favorite little hotel in Panguitch, Utah.

This is such beautiful country.

Red rocks, red dirt.
White rocks with layers of pink and grey.
Green meadows with shimmering streams.
Rainclouds with the sun peeping through.
Rundown cabins and weather greyed fences.
Small towns with the sheriff guarding the highway.
Highway 89 in southern Utah.

4 comments:

  1. Shame on you mom, taking pictures while driving! Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're posting daily on your trip. Makes me feel like I'm right there with you, almost. Someday I'd love to see the beautiful scenery through Utah! Glad Flat Stanley is keeping you company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're off to a great start and will be keeping tabs on you. Missed you at WIG yesterday

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.