Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Friday, August 17, 2012

Art Abandonment

My art buddy; or maybe I should say art pusher, showed me this site a few weeks ago and I was instantly addicted. www.facebook.com/groups/ArtAbandonment. The idea is to make small pieces of art and abandon them to the world. Mine all have tags giving links to the group and a special e-mail I set up.


On my way to Washington I dropped them off outside gas stations and at rest stops.



I'm still leaving them in special places around town and
have made more to leave along the way home.

I absolutely love this idea of leaving little bits of art or random acts of kindness or word rocks or whatever might brighten somebody's day. I haven't received any messages back yet so I just keep on imagining extra smiles out around the world.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool, leaving your positive footprint wherever you go, lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.