Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sunday in Tempe


Sunday we met my in-laws in Tempe for the birthday dinners. On the way Doug and I dropped a copy of my book off at the Tempe Public Library where it will be a part of the collection.
They had one of those wonderful sale rooms and I bought three large print books (total: $1.50) to cut up in to "found poetry" and to decorate some of my artwork.

By the time I got them home I decided I had to read them first. Are there ever too many books to read?

After killing some time at the library we visited this guy in front of Joe's Crab Shack near Arizona Mills Mall. Apparently this was once a Rusty Pelican and they kept this smile provoking guy at the front door.



With my current love of birds I had to take a few different poses of him.  
I was carrying my good Nikon and really looking to take lots of pictures.

I didn't get any photos of dinner. We all had big buckets of crab, shrimp, lobster clams and mussels. Seafood heaven. The carnage was not a pretty sight.
We had fun and very colorful visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.