Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Monday, April 16, 2012

Strange Stuff

One of the wonderful things about doing a blog . . . at least for me, is how it makes me more aware of my surroundings. I notice more. Also, I make a point of remembering more things. Or at least trying. I really need to develop the habit of writing things down because by the end of the day I do forget things.

Yesterday I had to run by the doctor's office to pick up a prescription I'd left there. The office is right next to a hospital. I thought it really strange as I pulled into the parking lot to see a fire truck and paramedics with lights flashing in front of one of the other medical buildings. The hospital is right there, then I remembered this is just a small community type hospital and not a high level trauma center. I still wonder if that hospital might have been easier than dealing with the paramedics and transport. I did see them leave with lights and sirens going.

The next thing that struck me as kind of strange was in the ladies room at the local bookstore. There on the wall in black marker was a quote from Edgar Allen Poe:


And neither the angels in heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee.


I guess if you are going to write on the wall in a bookstore bathroom it is good to at least be literary.

I know there was a third thing that struck me funny but, alas, I've forgotten it so I found a few fun photos from my files.





Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.