Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Friday, March 30, 2012

A Little Bit of Heaven

It's a beautiful spring day here in the Sonoran Desert. I'm sitting outside Starbucks with a large green tea; iced and sweetened. The sky is a beautiful blue without a single cloud, the palm fronds are dancing lightly in the breeze and the temperature is near to perfect. I like to call this weather "no-feel" weather because it is so perfect it doesn't feel too warm or too cold.


I love spring. The desert is coming to life and bright colors are everywhere. My favorites are the giant saguaro and their crown of flowers: the Arizona state flower.
 t

I tend to go in spurts with things I'm involved in and using. For example, I love my Remains of the Day journals (Mary Ann Moss class) but sometime I forget about them.
I brought mine along today and am loving looking through it and even writing on a sky blue envelope:
The page also had a picture of a saguaro. How cool is that?


Here's the outside of the journal.  The inside pages have tabs and pockets and places for all the bits and pieces of paper and writings that I come across.

Before I left the house I stuck a partial pad of stationary in the back to write ideas and some writings. While in the process it occurred to me that I have lots of these stationery pads that don't get used anymore . . . because sadly I don't write letters like I used to.
So that colorful pad is now in my purse, lighter than a book
and the individual sheets can be put where they belong:
shopping lists
poetry folder
short story ideas
essay ideas
art ideas
I'm excited about this because when I work in journals these things tend to get "lost" and now not  only am I saving my shoulder some weight but those ideas will stay in front of me.

From simple things come great ideas and some organization.

I hope.

Happy Spring.