Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Saturday, December 24, 2011

Handmade Christmas


I've been busy doing crafts for friends and for my etsy shop. These are some silver spoons and games tiles I inked.

  
They will be put together in various combinations. I love how the colors turn out.

Meanwhile I've been receiving wonderful handmade gifts. A beautiful tag from my friend Janet and try as I might I couldn't get a decent picture so you'll just have to take my word for it. lol
A crocheted and lace ornament from Lee is Australia. Again no photo.

I did get a good photo of this little Alpaca bag from Karen. I'm using it for a wallet. Behind it is a lovely candle from Ellie. Thank You All.
These things have been especially precious as my husband lost his job two weeks ago. We are doing okay and since it is just the two of us we are fine with just a nice dinner. We had already sent off the gifts to kids and grandkids. We have our home, plenty of food and good friends near and far.
Yesterday we had an unexpected visitor. This hawk was in our tree and then down on our back fence. Such wonderful birds.


Here's Maggie our Catahoula with her Christmas bandanna. She has one for every holiday and mood.
Merry Christmas from our home to yours.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll treasure all your handmade gifts, and the things you're making are special, too. Does Maggie like her Christmas bandanna? My Blackie and Jeffy have to make do with their own beautiful fur coats. No Christmas garb for them, poor babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita you are embracing the true meaning of Christmas by cherishing the gifts given to you by friends near and far and remaining hopeful, too, even if the midst of a personal challenge. See you in 2012 at WIG. Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I love those spoons! :-)

    I'm so happy to have a face to go with the name Maggie. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those spoons you made for me, they are hanging right next to the microwave. I have your art all over my home, lucky me to have such an artistic friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok ....
    you have to write something
    i miss you
    hugs!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Two Crazy Crafters to say happy birthday. Hope it was a good one. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.