Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Friday, May 13, 2011

Hanging With Writers

I love being a writer.
I love hanging out with writers.
I love sharing the excitement of writers being published.

When my friend Amy came out with her book of folk poetry I not only had to get a copy but I had to make her something special to commerate the event.

 I love the technique I learned from  KC WIllis for making wall hangings so I copied the beautiful cover of Amy's book and made her a hanging.

It is geared to Amy's cowboy poetry.

The quote from the back cover is:

"This book is a collection of Western Folk Poetry about life, love, and cowboyin'. What else is there?"

You can find Amy's book here, along with some of her poetry. Isn't the cover gorgeous?

As a thank you Amy gave me a dozen fresh eggs. Yummy.


And, no, I can't tell the difference between the different type of eggs but fresh is Always better.

4 comments:

  1. Rita-what a perfect gift for yur friend Amy! Those eggs look so good! Nothing better than "real" eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so gorgeous and looked even better when I saw it, your talent knows no limits! Those look like Easter eggs! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hanging you created is beautiful, Rita!

    ps--writer love hanging out with you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hanging you created, too! And the photo of the eggs is beautiful.

    So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.