Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sharing

My friend, June, over at Dezinaworld has another one of her freebies over here. It is a beautiful background that has inspired me to make something today. Perhaps and ATC. Perhaps a journal page. Or a card. The list is endless...it's just the time that always gets in the way. But thanks to June and so many others there is inspiration just a click away.

I challenge myself to finish a project for a client or writing or some housecleaning and then I reward myself with art. I'm afraid I haven't made it to the art table much lately. I have been keeping up with my poem-a-day challenge so today I'm going to be brave and share my silly poem from Day Five.

Most artists know
   and writers, too
About morning pages
   Three, not two
Julia Cameron tells us
   In "The Artist's Way"
To put our thoughts
   down every day.
Sometimes we rant
   or plan or pray,
But each morning
   We have our say.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rita, I'm a morning pages person too. I'm currently reading Julia Cameron's The Sound of Paper currently. I always feel as if I have a really good friend around when I'm reading her. I love your poem and visiting here too. Pen x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.