Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesdays With Rita: Favorite Toys

While shuffling through one of my boxes of family pictures...
I came across this one of my sister.

I've looked at this photograph hundreds (thousands?) of times. It has been in the family suitcase of photos for as long as I've been around. Yet, I never really took the time to LOOK at it.

It looks like it must have been her birthday. However, Betty's birthday was in February so that doesn't seem right. Unless it was an unusually warm February in Kansas. Or were they visiting somewhere else? These are things I don't know. And sadly I have no way to find out. No family members are here to tell me about that day. She looks four or five to me. I think there are other family pictures of that car so I think if was ours. Betty always talked about a dog that meant a lot to her, but right now I can't remember his name.

I'm sad I don't have these answers. That I didn't write the things I did know down.
(It's going to bug me all night until I remember that dog's name.)

Which became her favorite toy? Did the dog like to chase her on the tricycle?
Did she pretend she was riding a horse? Where was this? Who else was there?

Do you have photographs like this? Can you get the answers? Are there similar photos of you?
Will your grandchildren know about them?

Find a photo from your family and write about all the details you can.