Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesdays With Rita: Bullies and Glasses

I'm back. The cataract surgery went well but I had some problems afterward with the pressure caused by the glaucoma going way to high. I've been five days of having to rest and take it easy and no reading. Do you have any idea how impossible that has seemed. I have gotten on-line and scanned some emails and blogs but didn't answer much.

I can't tell you how much I have appreciated all the positive comments on last the last Tuesdays With Rita. My daughter called me the afternoon of the surgery and we discussed how I wasn't sure if I should have posted that particular post about being teased and carrying that hurt and anger around all this time. She told me to read the comments and I would realize it was absolutely right. That people had left beautiful comments and that I had touched more than one with my post.

I wasn't able to read the comments for a couple of days but I held what she told me close to my heart. I realized that my heart was feeling lighter..it was like the dark places where the memories were held all this time were opened up and light and lightness were allowed in.

That others related to the issues of having glasses and being different and being bullied and then giving me advice was, to me, amazing. I have since picked up SARK's new book but I haven't done any reading. Glad No Matter What: Transforming Loss and Change Into Gift and Opportunity looks like just what I need right now.

I've had a lot of time to think about my childhood and Janet and Sandra and you know what...they have moved out of that dark place. It is a weird feeling. I don't know if it's because I "went public" or because I received so much positive feedback or because I just made the decision to make the change in my attitude as I made the change in my sight; but it worked. I hope all of you who had similar experiences find light and healing in your hearts for those dark places/memories.

Something has changed in Blogger and I can't upload the photos I wanted to share. I don't want to miss Tuesday so I will work on that issue for tomorrow or the next day, I suppose. In the meantime, I'm reveling in this lightening of my spirit. Can you share a similar experience of letting go? Or do you have an experience you need to tell the world so you can find a lighter heart?

1 comment:

  1. I am glad it helped Rita, I missed the post but i do know that sharing can be such benefit and release and helps in healing. I have never really been brave enough, you were brave to bare your soul and I now have food for thought.
    thanks for sharing and big hugs
    June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.