Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Sunday, July 18, 2010

Road Trip

Hello Friends,

Although we have known my daughter would be having surgery soon it was suddenly decided on Friday that it will be July 26. Although surgery is always a scary thing I have complete confidence she will feel like a new person when this is all over.

Tomorrow I will jump in my silver Grand Am and head to Washington State. I haven't made a trip like this, by myself, in many years. I'm anxious and excited at the same time. It's hard to believe that tomorrow evening I will be in Las Vegas. (I've never been there or really wanted to go.) The next evening in Salt Lake City and on from there.

I will be up there two or three weeks helping Jessica, her husband and the two boys. Quite an adventure for this Grammy. I will have my laptop but I don't know when I will be able to post. I feel bad enough I've been neglecting my blog but now you know why.

So I will close with a happy wish to all my Blogland friends. A special wish to Jessica for a speedy recovery and more smiles like the one in this photo when she was about one year old.

Rita

4 comments:

  1. Rita-have a safe, safe trip!! What a sweet photo of Jessica as a baby. Wishing her the best for a speedy recovery!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!! She;s a little cutie pie(O: Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo! Have a safe and happy trip, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, thank you for coming up and helping me as I recover. I am very proud to have such a supportive mom. I love you! Thank you also to your bloggers for the positive thoughts :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.