Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blog Hop and Memory Keepers

I've been visiting various blogs this morning. I have viewed creative spaces, mountain cabins, art journals, and gardens. What a wonderful way to start the day. Take a look at the Blog Hop below. See all those wonderful blogs? They are full of inspiration and friendly, creative people for you to meet.

The one that touched me the most because I feel a real soul connection with this whole idea is at Penny's new blog titled memory keeper. I've been following her art blog creative overflow  but now she is taking off with a new blog geared to writing about her family. Penny's father was a photographer and she has a large collection of wonderful photos to share with her readers. I look forward to her photos and remembrances.

On another note, my desktop developed problems today. I've had this same problem three or four times before but now the contract has run out. It is the video card which in this Gateway is part of the mother board. So the decision. Have it replaced again or get a new computer. Thank heavens for my laptop! I can stay in touch although I don't have many of the addresses I want on this one. I shall endeavor to persevere.

In the meantime, start gathering your family photos. Find the ones stuck in a drawer. The others stashed in a shoe box. The ones still in envelopes from relatives. Gather them all in to one place. It's time to start putting the memories with them.

On that note: here's my Grandmother Jennie (in the white dress)
with a lady I believe was a friend. Don't you just love the summer hat? I wish I knew the friend's name and the occasion.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rita,
    thought I would make some of the blogs posted on our blog hopping.. Nice to see your blog as well. I will stop by again.. hugs, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rita, thank you so much for mentioning my blogs. I am very touched that you would take the time and that you support what I am trying to create. I am very excited about my new blog and finally to have made a home for some of my memories. I have several blogland friends who are struggling without their computers at the moment - it is a wrench to be separated from them isn't it? I hope you are up and running again soon. I love the photo of your Grandmother and her friend. They always seemed to look so 'neatly pressed' in their day! Best love to you Rita and thank you again for your inspiration. Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita,

    Many thanks for your kind comment about my sketches and I agree, the blog hop is a fabulous way to find interesting people and art on the net. Apologies for not replying sooner but work has kept me away from EDM and my sketchbook this week. Looking at them has given me ideas for other blogs, but then I have to remind myself that there are only 24 hours in a day! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Best wishes,
    Mary (Blog hop no. 22)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.