Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Friday, May 14, 2010

Lift Your Eyes


The last couple of days have been down days for me. A bit under the weather and with the wind and the sometimes dark clouds I just kind of went a long with it.

Then I had to go out and water the trees. The sky to the East was a bit dark but in Arizona no matter how dark and threatening the clouds you still water...those clouds have a way of disappearing.

As I walked across the back yard I heard a bird fly over. I love birds. All kinds of birds. But that's another story.

As I looked up I saw the bright green of the eucalyptus tree against the bright blue and white of the sky. It was beautiful. I stood there awhile and then came in and got my camera so I could share it with my friends.

If I hadn't looked up I would have only seen the brown dirt, the dry grass and felt the heaviness of the distant dark clouds.

Instead I lifted my eyes to the sound of a bird's wings and the beauty lifted my spirits.

For just a moment step away from your computer. Go outside and look up. Let your spirits be lifted.