Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Celebrate Earth Day


Elizabeth Golden on her blog (www.thelastdoordownthe hall.blogspot.com) posted a lovely journal page about Earth Day and also challenged her readers to make some Earth Day resolutions.

One of hers is to plant a tree for each of her children. I love that. I'm going to plant trees for each of my grandchildren and my great great nephew for a total of 5 trees. Here in the desert that will make an extra big difference. So my goal is to go find low water trees to plant.

I also plan on using more found objects in my art and try to cut down on plastics and packaging by buying fresh.

To start I did a simple page with a quote from one of John Denver's songs, "Celebrate Earth Day, Every Day."

How will you carry on the challenge?