Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Sunday, April 4, 2010

Apple Pie For Breakfast


If you are ever in Southeastern Arizona, especially Willcox, stop and see the Rex Allen and Marty Robbins museums. Then head back towards I-10 to Stout's Cider Mill. They have the most unbelievable pies.

Doug had to go down there for work and stopped by Stout's to pick up a pie. What a special treat. Their speciality pie takes 10 pounds of apples: per pie. This is the small one. Yummy. Apple pie for breakfast.

As for me, I've been busy getting ready for my trip to Washington. I leave on Tuesday. I'm going to take my notebook computer so I hope to keep up with all my on-line friends, and my blog, but last time I was up there I couldn't get a connection.

I will be in Olympia for two days and then head over to Yakima for two weeks. I'm taking my travel journal, a special shabby journal and my practice journal. I don't want any withdrawal symptoms while I'm up there. Not that I will have a whole lot of time with Alexander (age 5) and Brendan (age 3) to play with. I'll see the little "HOPE" baby in Olympia, he is now about 7 months old.

With so much to look forward to I find I am torn between excitement for the trip and seeing my loved ones; and leaving home, my hubby and my dog. I'm really a homebody at heart.

That makes me think of bittersweet things. I recently read "The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" for my book discussion group. I enjoyed the book and hope to visit the Panama Hotel, which it was based on, in Seattle. More excitement.

Think about some of your bittersweet memories and take time to write some of them down.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rita
    Have a safe trip!! I'm a homebody too. I want to go places, but I miss my husband and dog and home. My sister lives in Olympia. Hope you have good weather. And yum--that apple pie look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.