Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesdays With Rita: Journaling and Memories


The Yahoo Sketchbook group I belong to has asked me to to post a prompt a week for spurring them to write, collage, paint, sew, and journal about their memoirs. I decided to do this on Tuesdays and Tuesdays With Rita was born.

As this is a group of mostly art journalers most of them will do a visual journal page. Writing, especially with pen and paper, is a proven way to bring those memories to the foreground.

You can find pictures of items, eras like the 50s, fashions, the places you lived, and all kinds of information by googling or looking in various magazines based on nostalgic stories and items. I've added a page from an old visual journal about walking in the snow back in Kansas.

So besides those prompts on the side-bar over there I will be bringing Tuesdays With Rita to my blog. I hope this helps many of you to start writing your personal and family histories.

The prompt for this week is... What was your favorite toy?

Have fun.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch - frostbite. I can't imagine not being able to wear pants in school considering how cold some rooms can be.

    Congratulations on the birth of Tuesdays With Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful journal page. I love the idea of Tuesdays with Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colours! What a beautiful blue! Leanne.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.