Sunday, March 14, 2010
Kreativ Blogger Award
Wow. What a surprise. I didn't let myself check my blog until I finished putting all the taxes into the computer and do a printout for my husband to check.
When I did check imagine my surprise that I got an award. No, not for finishing my taxes (although I do have a Hershey bar waiting in the freezer) but for my Blog.
My friend from the Sketchbook Project Group on Yahoo nominated me and now I have to do seven things as part of the reward:
1. Post the image of the award.
2. Thank the person who gave it to me.
3. Link to the person who gave it to me.
4. Tell you seven things about myself that you wouldn't know.
5. Choose seven great bloggers to give this award to.
6. Give a link to their blogs.
7. Leave them a message on their blog.
So join me as I make my way through these seven things...
2. and 3. Thank you Lisa C. You can find Lisa on her blog at http://randomveracity.blogspot.com/. Lisa's artwork and photography will inspire you and make you smile. (We both graduated from Arizona State University in different fields and at different times. Now we are ArtSisters.)
4. 1) I love paper. I love to feel paper, smell paper and work with paper. Old papers are my favorite but I have quite a collection of new scrapbooking papers. I can do origami, quilling, and other paper arts besides my collage and journals.
2) I was born near Dodge City, Kansas and grew up watching the old westerns on TV. Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel, Gunsmoke... they are all a part of me. I love the Old West: the stories, legends and people who settled this great land.
3) I have a rescue dog from the Arizona Humane Society. She was supposed to be a Queensland Heeler but it turns out she is a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog. (I feel another post coming, just to explain this rare breed.) Her name is Maggie and she is Wonderful.
4) I began doing my genealogy over 30 years ago and have traced some lines to Charlemagne. Other lines are stuck around 1800. All of my known ancestors came to the New World in the colonial period. They originated in Germany, Ireland, Scotland, England, Switzerland and a few other countries.
5) My favorite food is steamed snow crab. I also love chocolate.
6) I have lived in the desert most of my life and don't plan on ever leaving.
7) I collect hedgehog figurines and wish I could have a real one but they are illegal here because if they got loose they could significantly alter the ecosystem.
5. and 6. Many of the blogs I visit regularly have already been nominated. I don't want to duplicate so here are some other favorites who deserve this award.
1)Lori: Art journaling at its best. Also great organizing ideas.
2)Sarah: This lady touched my creative self more than any other.
3)Elena: Through life's trials Elena reaches out to touch other hearts.
4)Betsy: I feel inspired to do ATCs every time I visit this blog.
5)Ophelia: Collage, inspiration and a very big heart.
6) Fran: A fellow Arizonan and inspiring artist.
7) Deborah: Beautiful images and a caring soul.
7. I'm adding to learn how to make hidden links. In the meantime, I'm off to tell these wonderful ladies how much I admire their blogs.
Thanks again, Lisa, best to you always.