Tattered Past

Tattered Past: My ongoing journey through genealogy, history, writing, self-exploration and art. ~~~ Rita Ackerman





Thursday, January 21, 2010

Visual Journaling



About a year ago I discovered visual/art journaling and it has changed my life. Visual journaling is the joining of written journaling with collage, painting, drawing, sewing, stamping and anything else that happens along.

As I shared my new found creative endeavers those around me became intrigued and wanted to learn what I was learning through magazines, books, Web sites, blogs and videos.

As I gained a certain amount of confidence I started showing others how to free their creativie spirits on the pages of their journals. We now have a group we call Journal Inspiraion Group where a group of ladies get together, I teach them a new technique I've been trying out, and we have a great time working in our own journals.

That is part of what lead to this blog. I wanted to share with other people what visual journaling has done for me. So please enjoy a few of my journal pages and think about tapping in to your own creativity.

5 comments:

  1. Rita, your journal is beautiful! I really like the softness of the bottom spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mixture of images on the top spread. And I also love the softness and colors of the second spread. I'm always partial to pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages really 'speak' to me or maybe speak me - My do nothing time usually involves drinking hot coffee, looking out over vistas, or bird watching...I can feel very related to you by looking at your pages. And the art of it grabs me by the throat. Lori from Sketchbook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic page. I want to go and visit there too. How restful and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are like Internet hugs.